With elections that will impact millions of Americans this year, When We All Vote is pushing to increase voter turnout in celebration of Vote Early Day
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Washington, DC: Today, When We All Vote will join thousands of organizations across the country in celebration of Vote Early Day to ensure Americans make their voices heard in this year’s elections. When We All Vote’s Founder and Co-Chair Michelle Obama is adding her voice to encourage voters to get out to vote early in key statewide and local elections, focusing on reaching Black, Brown, and young voters. The organization is also launching an HBCU tour with BET, free rides to the polls with Lime and Rideshare2Vote, a radio PSA campaign and more.
With statewide and local elected offices and issues like abortion, education funding and more on the ballot in 2023, When We All Vote is reaching out to thousands of voters to ensure they are registered and ready to vote. States like Ohio are already reporting high turnout numbers for early voting — surpassing numbers in 2021. To get voters ready to cast their ballots early, When We All Vote is:
- Directly calling voters with a message from Michelle Obama encouraging them to vote early in Virginia, Ohio, Georgia and North Carolina.
- Partnering with BET’s #HBWeCU campaign to bring information about voting and voter registration to more than 40,000 attendees of HBCU football games and homecoming tailgates. Locations include Howard University, Alabama A&M University, Prairie View A&M University, Jackson State University, Savannah State University and Hampton University.
- Teaming up with Lime on Lime to the Polls to remind voters about local elections and help them cast their ballots with free rides to and from their polling place. When We All Vote is also working with Rideshare2Vote to provide free rides to the polls in Florida, Virginia, Texas and 12 other states.
- Mobilizing volunteers and the organization’s celebrity co-chairs and ambassadors to increase awareness around early voting.
- Running PSAs from Michelle Obama on broadcast and streaming radio stations across Virginia as voters prepare to elect all 40 seats in the state senate and all 100 seats in the state house.
Vote Early Day is a civic holiday founded by national nonprofits, businesses, election administrators, and influencers to ensure that every American has the tools and knowledge to cast their ballot early for the upcoming midterm election and beyond. In celebration of Vote Early Day, When We All Vote is calling on people to follow these steps to make a plan to vote early in their state:
- First, head over to whenweallvote.org/voterhub to check their voter registration status, find their polling place or dropbox location and learn what’s on their ballot.
- Then, build their voting squad by texting three friends and asking them to make their plan to vote.
- Finally, share their early voting photos with their squad on social media using #VotingSquad.
ABOUT When We All Vote:
When We All Vote is a leading national, nonpartisan initiative on a mission to change the culture around voting and to increase participation in each and every election by helping to close the race and age gap. Created by Michelle Obama, When We All Vote brings together individuals, institutions, brands, and organizations to register new voters across the country and advance civic education for the entire family and voters of every age to build an informed and engaged electorate for today and generations to come. We empower our supporters and volunteers to take action through voting, advocating for their rights, and holding their elected officials accountable.
In 2020, When We All Vote ran a robust, multifaceted campaign and reached more than 100 million people to educate them about the voting process and get them registered and ready to vote. The initiative also led in voter education, registration, and volunteer engagement and as a result, 512,000 people started or completed the voter registration process, and nearly 500 media, corporate, and nonprofit partners joined its efforts.
Michelle Obama launched When We All Vote in 2018 and is joined by fellow Co-Chairs Stephen Curry, Becky G, Selena Gomez, Tom Hanks, H.E.R., Liza Koshy, Jennifer Lopez, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Janelle Monae, Chris Paul, Megan Rapinoe, Shonda Rhimes, Bretman Rock, Kerry Washington, and Rita Wilson.
When We All Vote is an initiative of Civic Nation, a 501(c)(3) organization, and works with Civic Nation Action, a 501(c)(4). Learn more here.
ABOUT Civic Nation:
Civic Nation is a nonprofit ecosystem for high-impact organizing and education initiatives working to build a more inclusive and equitable America. Civic Nation shifts culture, systems, and policy by bringing together individuals, grassroots organizers, industry leaders and influencers to tackle some of our nation’s most pressing social challenges. Civic Nation is home to seven national initiatives and campaigns: ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge, Change Collective, It’s On Us, Online for All, SAVE On Student Debt, We The Action, and When We All Vote. Learn more here.