Monday, June 13
The Intersection of Sports & Democracy
This discussion focuses on the role athletes and leagues play in moving our society forward, as well as the critical role voting and civic education plays in the fight for social justice. The conversation is co-presented with the NBA Social Justice Initiative.
- Introduction: Chris Paul, When We All Vote Co-Chair
- Moderator: Cari Champion, Broadcast Journalist and former ESPN Anchor
- Doc Rivers, Head Coach of the Philadelphia 76ers
- CJ McCollum, New Orleans Pelicans
- Nneka Ogwumike, WNBA LA Sparks
Friday, June 10
Map it Out: Gerrymandering’s Stronghold on DemocracyGerrymandering is a consistent threat to Democracy. District lines are often drawn to favor politicians, not communities, and this practice has a disproportionately negative impact on BIPOC. This conversation breaks down how gerrymandering contributes to the polarization and dysfunction in our political system, and steps to take to end map manipulation and achieve fair districts.
- Introduction: Kerry Washington, When We All Vote Co-Chair
- Moderator: Ana Navarro, Political Strategist and Commentator
- Eric Holder, 82nd Attorney General of the United States and Chairman of All on the Line